2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups canned crushed pineapple (slightly drained)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and a light cream color (about 2 minutes).
- On low speed, mix in the olive oil and vanilla until blended.
- Add pineapple and sour cream, then mix until fully incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and blend until just combined and smooth.
- Line cupcake pan with liners and fill about 2/3 full. Bake for about 22 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Frost with Pineapple-Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
Pineapple-Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick of softened butter
8 oz cream cheese
22.5 ml (1 ½ tablespoons) Squizito Pineapple balsamic vinegar
15 ml (1 tablespoon) Squizito Coconut balsamic vinegar
30 ml (2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
2 lbs powdered confectioners’ sugar
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and blend until well combined.
- Add both vinegars and whipping cream
- Add powdered sugar until desired consistency. (I used 2 lbs to pipe)
Recipe by Catherine Ford