2 Cups diced yellow onions
1 Whole head garlic-minced
4 Cans or 64 ounces fresh diced tomatoes
2 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
4 TBSP basil
Sugar/Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Sauté 2 cup of diced yellow onions with 1 whole head of garlic (minced) in a pot with a few swirls of Squizito Garlic Oil. Sauté until onions are translucent.
2. Add 4 cans of diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the top with sugar / salt / pepper. This is to taste - so tablespoons to start with then add to taste.
3. Add 1 cup chicken stock and 4 TBSP of basil then simmer for 10 min.
4. Spoon soup into blender (or use hand blender) and just mix so it’s all blended - not smooth. Just to break the tomatoes up more.
5. Return to pot and add 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of Parmesan and additional seasonings (sugar / salt / pepper) if needed.
6. Add 1 more cup of chicken stock and bring to a boil then return to simmer for 10 min. Then keep soup on low while toast or bread bakes.
Serve with crispy thick bread. Additional toppings include: feta / Parmesan / mascarpone
Recipe by Sarah Brown